In push back rack systems, pallets are placed on nested rolling carts, which slide from the front of the pallet racks to the rear of the pallet rack on a gently graded slope. Pallets are both loaded and unloaded from the same front facing aisle. As new pallets are loaded into the push back pallet rack from the aisle side of the rack system, existing pallets are pushed to the rear to make space. Push Back pallet racks utilize standard fork lifts. Push back racking can be installed in standard warehouse or as the supporting structure in a push back rack supported building. Push back racks are an excellent choice to create high-density storage, if First-In/First-Out inventory rotation is not a requirement.
Push Back Racking Cost Savings
Push back racks provide a cost effective alternative when Last-In/First-Out” inventory rotation is used. Push Back racking provides more storage space with fewer aisles than conventional structural rack. Push back racks allow greater selectivity than drive in structural racks, while providing excellent utilization of storage positions. Push back rack systems store two to six pallets deep in a (2) two deep, (3) three deep, (4) four deep, (5) five deep, or (6) six deep configuration.
The graphic above represents increased storage density achieved with a four (4) deep push back configuration with a single aisle, compared to a comparable 4 aisle configuration of selective pallet rack. The result is a 40% increase if floor space utilization
Push Back Racking Types
Engineered Products supplies push back racking in two deep, three deep, four deep, five deep, and six deep configurations. Load beams and upright frames can either be roll formed tear drop style or structural bolt together. The graphic above shows single aisle access to 2 deep, 3 deep, 4 deep, and 5 deep push back racks
Push Back Rack System Advantages
- Push Back Racking increases warehouse capacity up to 75% over conventional structural racks
- Push Back Structural Racks provides three to four times the selectivity of drive in structural racks
- Push Back Structural Rack provides faster access, than double deep structural rack as pallets are placed and retrieved directly from the aisle
- Push Back Racks do not require specialized fork lifts
- Easily retrofitted into existing drive in structural racks or selective structural rack.
- Push Back Racks in a Rack Supported Building